The air is crisp, the sky is bright blue and sunny, and it’s an overall gorgeous day! The fall has some of the best weather for getting out and having fun, so why are you sitting at home? Nothing to do? No worries! I’ve got you covered. Here are a few awesome ideas for things to do and places to go!
Things to Do
The fall season is one of harvest and horrors! Why not host a daytime get-together and carve pumpkins or bob for apples? Another idea is to attend a school sporting event with friends on a Saturday. A beautiful day is also the perfect time to decorate houses with friends and family! Or, if you’re looking for a day full of activity, perhaps a little yard work will do.
Here are a few ideas for decorations to get your harvest theme going:
Rustic Outdoor Furniture
Places to Go: Pumpkin Patches, Apple-Picking Farms, and Haunted Attractions (no specific order)
Forbes List! (by area)
1. New England: Nightmare New England, Litchfield, NH
2. Middle Atlantic: Terror Behind the Walls at Eastern State Penitentiary, Philadelphia, PA
3. Midwest: Erebus Haunted Attraction, Pontiac, MI
4. South: The House of Shock, New Orleans, LA
5. West: Fear Overload Scream Park, San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Show us your photos from your fall-themed activities and outings! Post your pics to Instagram @MackenzieBlueSeries and Twitter @MackenzieBlue with hashtags #BTW #Fall #Harvest #Horrors #Decorations #Pumpkins #Scarecrows #HauntedHouses.