Have you started hanging stockings by your fireplace yet? Did you get your Santa hats for your holiday party? I did! This year I wanted to add a special flare and personalize mine. It’s actually an awesome, cheap gift, too!
Using the basic sewing method—it’s easy; I’ve only sewn something, like, twice—add the letters in your preferred fabric to a hat or stocking! You can also add pictures or graphics if you want. Make it festive! See below for how I made mine.
- Decide what you want to put on your hat or stocking. I wanted to add my initials.
- Choose the material you wish to add to your item. I chose green felt.
- Cut out your material shapes.
- Place the letters or pictures on your item and secure them in place with tape.
- Begin using an easy sewing method for you. You may want to find instructions!
- Stitch the thread around the edge of your shape and then stitch the inside, creating borders.
- Finish with the thread on the inside of the hat or stocking, then cut and knot the ends.
- Repeat for each shape you wish to add.
I chose dark green felt material and gold embroidery thread. I also used a black pen from my house, but a permanent marker may have been better. I needed scissors, masking tape, and a small needle, all of which I got from my local arts and crafts store. Here’s how I did it!
*Younger artists may need assistance from an adult on this project. Safety first!
Show me your personalized hats and stockings! Send a photo on Instagram to @MackenzieBlueSeries with hash tags #MackenzieBlue #ArtZee #ChristmasHats #ChristmasStockings #Personalized #Sewing #Crafts #HolidaySpirit.