Make it Last
On holidays we all tend to plan full days. And on the days when we’re a bit busier, such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, and even Independence Day, we often host friends and family, cook, clean, and hang out all night. We plan the day, our outfits and accessories—even which makeup best goes with everything! After all that hard work, it’s frustrating when we can’t even manage to keep our makeup on for half a day without reapplying or constantly fixing it to keep up with our on-the-go schedule. So, here are a few tips on how to make your holiday makeup last!
Method 1 of 3: Prepping Your Face
- Wash your face
- Exfoliate a few times a week
- Prime your face (use a product to make the makeup stay put)
- Use an eye primer (use a product to make the makeup stay put)
Method 2 of 3: Choosing the Right Makeup
- Get a good matte foundation
- Use a translucent setting powder
- Choose long-wear lip color
- Use powdered eye shadow
- Use waterproof mascara
Method 3 of 3: Keeping It in Place
- Take your time applying your makeup
- Avoid touching your face during the day
- Go lighter during the summer
- Wear your hair up more often
All these tips are great for any day you need to wear a bit of makeup for a longer period of time. The most important part is prepping your face, because even if you don’t wear a lot of makeup—or any—on a regular basis, these steps will definitely help preserve and beautify your gorgeous, youthful skin.
And always remember: your makeup should enhance your features, not make you become someone you’re not. Be your beautiful self—with or without makeup!
Check out the full article from WikiHow with all the details here. Have a few tips of your own to share? Tweet them to us @MackenzieBlue with hash tags #JensBeautyBooth #HolidayBeauty #MakeupTips #MakeupAllDay #PreserveYourFace #PrepYourFace #KeepMakeupInPlace.